Be a Part of History – Share Our Stories – Connect
Be an Atlanta ASALH Volunteer
September 22 – 27, 2015
Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, Courtland Street
Help us share Atlanta hospitality and history with more than 1,000 scholars, educators, community members, students, researchers and active citizens from around the world who will participate in more than 200 fascinating presentations and informative dialogues about African life and history.
Scroll to the bottom of the page for the electronic volunteer application.
1. General Purpose Volunteer
- Teachers Workshop
- Exhibit Area
- Greeters / Floaters
- ASALH Meetings
- Bag Stuffing
- Staff Office
- ASALH Information Desk
- Volunteer Office
- Meal Function Host or Hostess
2. On-Site Registration
3. ASALH Store & Authors Book Signing Volunteers
4. VIP Support
5. Academic Session Monitors
6. Media Support Volunteers (Individuals who have worked in or supported public relations, media relations, social media or who have relationships with individuals in these areas are asked to volunteer.)
- Serious minded, helpful, flexible, courteous, and committed.
- Wear appropriate attire during your shift. Black bottoms, white collared shirts, and comfortable, closed toed shoes. All black for banquet volunteers.
- Attend a volunteer training session
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to your shift.
- Check-in and out at the volunteer check-in desk.
Volunteer Training and Information Meeting Dates: The following information sessions will be held at the Shrine of the Black Madonna, 946 Ralph D. Abernathy Blvd., Atlanta, GA 30310 Please plan to attend these volunteer meetings to get more information and discuss assignments. Please share this information with the individuals and organizations in your network.
Sunday, August 23
There will be a volunteer orientation on Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at the Sheraton Hotel from 6 – 8:30 p.m. Dates, times and assignments will be confirmed by Volunteer Coordinator Mr. Sean Jones who can be reached at email@example.com.
You will be contacted by the Volunteer Committee with your volunteer assignment.
Conference Volunteer Card – Print or share this document with your friend and family.