Be a Part of History – Share Our Stories – Connect
Be an Atlanta ASALH Volunteer
September 22 – 27, 2015
Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, 165 Courtland Street
Help us share Atlanta hospitality and history with more than 1,000 scholars, educators, community members, students, researchers and active citizens from around the world who will participate in more than 200 fascinating presentations and informative dialogues about African life and history.
Scroll to the bottom of the page for the electronic volunteer application.
1. General Purpose Volunteer (assist in one of these areas)
- Teachers Workshop, Exhibit Area, Greeters / Floaters, ASALH Meetings Monitors, Bag Stuffing, Staff Office, Tours, ASALH Information Desk, Pre-Registration, Volunteer Office, Meal Function Host or Hostess.
2. On-Site Registration
3. ASALH Store/Exhibit Booth & Authors Book Signing Volunteers
4. VIP Support
5. Academic Session Monitors
6. Media Support Volunteers (Individuals who have worked in or supported public relations, media relations, social media or who have relationships with individuals in these areas are asked to volunteer.)
- Serious minded, helpful, flexible, courteous, and committed.
- Wear appropriate attire during your shift. Black bottoms, white collared shirts, and comfortable, closed toed shoes. All black for banquet volunteers.
- Attend a volunteer training session
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to your shift.
- Check-in and out at the volunteer check-in desk.
Volunteer and Community Information Meeting Dates:
On Sunday, August 23 at 3 pm there will be a Volunteer and Community information meeting at the Shrine of the Black Madonna, 946 Ralph D. Abernathy Blvd., Atlanta, GA 30310 Please plan to attend these volunteer meetings to get more information and discuss assignments. Please share this information with the individuals and organizations in your network.
On Monday, September 14 from 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. there will be a Volunteer and Community information OPEN HOUSE meeting on the campus of Clark Atlanta University at the Woodruff Library. Stop by any time between 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. to get information and details.
On Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at the Sheraton Hotel from 6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. there will be a volunteer orientation.
Dates, times and assignments will be confirmed by Volunteer Coordinator Mr. Sean Jones who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to contact Sean with questions and to pass on the names and contact information of other individuals and organizations who should be aware of this great opportunity to support the Founders of Black History Month.
Conference Volunteer Card – Print or share this document with your friend and family.