Be a Part of History – Share Our Stories – Connect
Be an ASALH Volunteer
October 4-9, 2016
Help us share Richmond hospitality and history with more than 1,000 scholars, educators, community members, students, researchers and active citizens from around the world who will participate in more than 200 fascinating presentations and informative dialogues about African life and history.
Volunteer and Local Arrangements Committee meetings will be held the 4th Thursday of July and August. If you are interested in either please contact Benita Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click HERE for a list of the Volunteer responsibilities
1. General Purpose Volunteer (assist in one of these areas)
- Teachers Workshop, Exhibit Area, Greeters / Floaters, ASALH Meetings Monitors, Bag Stuffing, Staff Office, Tours, ASALH Information Desk, Pre-Registration, Volunteer Office, Meal Function Host or Hostess.
2. On-Site Registration
3. ASALH Store/Exhibit Booth & Authors Book Signing Volunteers
4. VIP Support
5. Academic Session Monitors
6. Media Support Volunteers (Individuals who have worked in or supported public relations, media relations, social media or who have relationships with individuals in these areas are asked to volunteer.)
- Serious minded, helpful, flexible, courteous, and committed.
- Wear appropriate attire during your shift. Black bottoms, white collared shirts, and comfortable, closed toed shoes. All black for banquet volunteers.
- Attend a volunteer training session
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to your shift.
- Check-in and out at the volunteer check-in desk.