|2017 CALL FOR EXECUTIVE COUNCIL NOMINATIONS
Dear ASALH Member:
The Nominating Committee of ASALH seeks nominations for the Executive Council, Class of 2020. Nominations are due by April 14, 2017, in the ASALH office, Howard Center, 2225 Georgia Avenue, N.W., Suite 331, Washington, D.C. 20059. Nominations may be sent electronically to the Chair of the Nominating Committee at email@example.com and to the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject heading “Executive Council Nominations.”
The Executive Council sets the policy direction for ASALH and is responsible for carrying out the mission of the organization and ensuring its fiscal soundness. ASALH is seeking Executive Council members willing to support its various initiatives and programs. A new class of eight members is elected each year to serve a three-year term.
Criteria for Executive Council (EC) Membership includes:
· All candidates must hold a current membership in ASALH by the time of submission. (This year’s deadline is April 14, 2017)
o Must remain a member in good standing throughout EC tenure and begin paying into a life membership. If already a life member, required to contribute annually at the Heritage membership level.
o Note: Associate members are not eligible to run for the Executive Council.
· Required to contribute at least $1300 a year. ($300 donation for the Annual Black History Luncheon and an additional requirement of at least $1,000 by the June Executive Council Meeting each year in support of the Association’s Annual Fund)
o Encourage additional support for the February luncheon including attending the luncheon, selling tickets, and securing advertisements for the program journal.
· Required to attend an orientation meeting in February during the first Executive Council meeting of the year. Required to serve on at least one committee. [All members will be informed of the duties and responsibilities of each committee.]
· Required to attend, at his/her own expense, at least two of the Executive Council meetings held in February (in Washington, DC), June (in Washington, DC), and September in the location of the annual meeting of the Association.
· Required to attend a minimum of two conference calls as needed to conduct Executive Council business between quarterly
Interested persons should submit a Nominations form. (click this link to access the writable nominations form.) Along with the nominations form, please also submit a resume and biography.